A woodburning insert can provide an attractive way to upgrade an existing masonry fireplace into an efficient, heat source. Models offer a wide selection of fronts and surrounds to fit a range of fireplace opening and to customize the look of your new heating appliance.
The "open burning" fireplace is almost always a negative efficiency. This means that the fireplace's oversized draft actually pulled more heated air out of your house than it produced in the home at the high firing rate.
Our EPA certified wood burning fireplace inserts all achieve the industry standard of at least 75% efficient.
Stop the heat loss and save on those heating bills!
The Vermont Castings Montpelier Fireplace Insert offers a selection of fronts and finishes to fit any décor.
- Enjoy the flames from almost anywhere in the room — The fire viewing area is larger than most other models in the same class.
- Easy Installation
- Hassle-free — Rear wheels make it easy to slide the Montpelier insert right into place for quick installation.
- Cast Iron Construction
- Superior craftsmanship — The firebox, front and door are all made from cast iron with the quality you expect from Vermont Castings.
- Clean Burning
- Eco-friendly performance — EPA certified emissions of only 3 g/hr make this insert one of the cleanest wood burning models available.
- Variable Speed Fan Included
- More efficient heating — The heat-activated fan improves room air circulation.
- Optional Trim Kits
- Choose your style — With three different cast iron surround kits to choose from, you are bound to find one that matches your room décor.