A woodburning insert can provide an attractive way to upgrade an existing masonry fireplace into an efficient, heat source. Models offer a wide selection of fronts and surrounds to fit a range of fireplace opening and to customize the look of your new heating appliance.
The "open burning" fireplace is almost always a negative efficiency. This means that the fireplace's oversized draft actually pulled more heated air out of your house than it produced in the home at the high firing rate.
Our EPA certified wood burning fireplace inserts all achieve the industry standard of at least 75% efficient.
Stop the heat loss and save on those heating bills!
- Largest fire viewing area (171 sq. in.) of any similar sized wood burning insert
- Standard blower (120 cfm) maximizes heating efficiency
- Precision depth adjustable firebox
- One easy control lever operates the entire stove
- Standard cast iron surround panel design that fits the majority of North American fireplaces (30 1/4”H x 40”W)
- Full view air-washed glass provides a clear view of flames.
Jøtul's signature Gothic arch double door design has been incorporated into the Jøtul C 450 Kennebec. Jotul's cast iron designers and our talented product development team took great pride in designing the Kennebec to allow for over 20% more fire viewing area than its competitors. With its new classic cast iron surround panel, the Kennebec is a medium-to-large heater that will add warmth to your hearth, heart and home.