Gas is a reliable and easy to use fuel that can provide a fire every bit as lovely as a wood fire without the fuss and bother of toting firewood and contending with ash removal. No electricity required!
Many Maine customers opt to zone heat with a gas fired heating appliance to create a warm and inviting gathering area while also turning down their central heating thermostats for significant annual fuel costs savings.
Optional features allow you to have a beautiful fire at the touch of a switch, thermostat or even a remote control. Our gas stoves can burn either natural gas or propane (LP). Like our wood stoves, they are designed to either provide aesthetics or to produce heat.
Direct-vent stoves can vent directly through the wall, many times with no vertical rise in the venting at all. This new technology is great for apartments and condominiums or unusual applications such as under a window. Direct-vent units pull combustion air for the fire from outside the home and exhausts the burned gasses through the same vent system. This combustion process is completely sealed from the living area eliminating concerns about indoor air quality and results in a balanced burn that is not affected by fans or other drafts.
Controls at your fingertips — Adjust both fan and flame levels with one convenient handheld remote. The Total System Control module also offers thermal shutdown and a childproof lock.
- Variable Speed Fan
- Maintain even, precise temperatures — The stove’s blower fan offers three speed settings to help you evenly distribute hot air throughout your room.
- Increased Efficiency
- Maximize savings — Our most efficient direct vent stove delivers quality home heating while saving you money on fuel costs.
- Proudly Made In Vermont
- Signature Vermont Castings style — The tradition of quality cast iron lives on in these direct vent gas stoves, which feature the unique detailing and solid construction that Vermont Castings is known for.
- Reduced Clearances
- Flexible installation options — These direct vent gas stoves offer simple venting options that require less clearance, so they are perfect for smaller spaces.
- Operable Front Doors
- Open-door viewing — Simply swing open the two front doors for an unobstructed look at the Stardance® stove’s realistic gas flames.
Total System Control, allowing you to monitor and control your stove’s heating performance with ease.
- Classic Black
- Majolica Brown
Venting Top Vent (4" x 7" Twist Lock)
Through–wall or Through–the–roof
Heating Capacity Up to 1,200 sq. ft. Burner FireCast Ceramic Max BTUs/hr 20,000-28,000 Firebox Material Cast Iron Thermal Efficiency Up to 80% Cost to Operate $0.30/hr* Clearance 4" (Back)
* Based on cost/therm. According to the Federal Register Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products.